As a patient of EC Medical Center, you have both rights and responsibilities that will assist us in providing you quality health care that can be delivered in a courteous and sensitive manner by our physicians and staff.
- Provide honest, complete information to those providing medical care.
- Know the benefits and exclusions of your health insurance coverage.
- Know how to access services in routine, urgent and emergency situations.
- Present your ID card before receiving service, as well as any insurance card you may have been provided that is in effect.
- Consult your Primary Care Provider (PCP) for direction of care before receiving care (unless in a life-threatening situation).
- Keep scheduled appointments and notify the provider’s office promptly if you are delayed or cannot keep an appointment (Charges may be incurred for missed appointments that are not canceled 24 hours in advance.
- Establish an ongoing rapport with your Primary Care Provider (PCP) and behave in a manner that supports the care provided to others and the general function of the facility.
- Ask questions and seek clarification to understand your health problems and participate in mutually agreed upon treatment goals.
- Follow the advice of your Primary Care Provider (PCP) and consider the likely consequences when you refuse to comply.
- Know what medications you are taking, why you are taking them and how to take them.
- Notify your provider of changes in address, phone number and insurance information in a timely manner.
- Payment of all services or non covered services and applicable co-payments at the time service is provided.
- Make us aware of any concerns you have regarding the care you were provided by calling Customer Relations at 919-894-5787.
- Supply information that the clinic and its practitioners and providers need in order to provide care.